At FAIR CARBON we take your privacy very seriously and we strive that all your personal information provided to us is stored and processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. By visiting the FAIR CARBON website, you are accepting the practices outlined in this policy.
OUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION POLICY IN SHORT:
At FAIR CARBON, we collect information (personal data) only to make our service useful and relevant for you. The aim is to allow you to participate in the Fair Carbon program.
We only use your information to permit you to have your own account in conjunction with your project. For this purpose, your information may be shared with other users within your project including Project Managers and other partners participating in the Fair Carbon project.
The information we collect is not used for profiling nor commercial purposes.
However, we may release information to authorities where required by law.
SCOPE OF THE POLICY:
YOUR CONSENT TO COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA:
We only collect personal information based on your specific consent that is relevant to the purpose and efficient use of the FAIR CARBON service. This is in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation also known as GDPR; you can access the full text here: https://gdpr-info.eu/ (The GDPR lawful base to process your personal data for the FAIR CARBON service is Consent.) We collect and process two types of information, which may be considered as personal data:
- Your contact details (such as your email or address you decided to provide)
- General information (such as project content and progress you have uploaded or general IT data pertaining to the FAIR CARBON website performance)
Here is why, where and how we collect and process information:
In order to use FAIR CARBON services, you must create an account. We took great care to ensure the mandatory information and any personal data required to create an account are at the absolute minimum.
By creating and maintaining your FAIR CARBON account, you are giving FAIR CARBON your specific consent to collect, store and process your personal data provided. The purpose of this consent is to permit you to participate in the Fair Carbon programme.
You are creating a FAIR CARBON account in order to be able to manage centrally all your FAIR CARBON module content and progress and to subscribe to or unsubscribe from various elements of the FAIR CARBON service at your own time and will.
When using FAIR CARBON, you are providing your consent that information, documents or pictures you’ve provided and uploaded will be stored and processed by FAIR CARBON.
- General information, when using FAIR CARBON website, social media and services:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way, e.g. via an inquiry you sent us directly.
When using FAIR CARBON service, its website and social media, you are providing us your consent to collect and process certain types of information whenever you interact with us.
FAIR CARBON and its authorized agents automatically receive and record standard “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser. These include your IP address, FAIR CARBON cookie information and the page you requested. FAIR CARBON uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, as well as to improve its overall functionality and administer and improve its website and social media interactions.
Should you wish that this information is not collected and processed, please, activate respective restrictions within your browser or device settings.
Not the crispy ones in your lunch box… in the IT jargon, cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are stored in your computer’s hard drive. They help us understand, how and when pages in our FAIR CARBON website are visited. FAIR CARBON will always ask your permission before storing cookies on your computer’s hard drive. Note that your permission might be saved in your cookies, so we don’t need to request it in case of multiple visits. FAIR CARBON cookies do not collect personal data, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information.
We recommend that you accept FAIR CARBON’s cookies to make full use of FAIR CARBON services. Our system will ask you to accept cookies from FAIR CARBON so that it remembers you. We recommend that you agree to this. It is safe. However, you may decide not to – or you may change your decision at any stage.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION:
Because FAIR CARBON enables people to exchange information with one another, information about the people who use FAIR CARBON is an integral part of the FAIR CARBON service and experience. We will share your personal information only as described below:
- Personnel: FAIR CARBON personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may, subject to strict duty of confidentiality, have access to user information required to carry out their business duties.
- Your Project: Your information may be shared within your project and you and/or your FAIR CARBON colleagues from your project may elect to share documents, photographs, videos and other materials with other projects via the FAIR CARBON website. Typically, this is so that you can share your experiences, best practices, how you overcame obstacles and to celebrate your successes.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy assets from other companies or sell assets to other companies. User information might be part of these kind of transactions. Moreover, if FAIR CARBON, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred.
- Protection of FAIR CARBON and Others: We may release personal information when that release is necessary to comply with the law; to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use or to protect the rights, property or safety of FAIR CARBON, our employees, our users, or others.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, You can always select, which information you wish to share and alternatively opt-out from sharing any information
SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION:
We collect, process and maintain Customer Information in Switzerland and/or the EU. We will ask your approval prior to transferring your data to a server different than the one mentioned in this “Keeping Information Secure” section. We will only store your data in servers located in countries where the legislation provides adequate data protection according to Swiss and European legal requirements.
- Your FAIR CARBON account information is stored in a secured server located in Switzerland and/or the EU and protected by a password for your privacy and security.
- It is your duty to protect yourself against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees, who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, our system administrator) are granted access to this information. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices and are subject to a strict obligation of confidentiality.
Your data is stored in safe locations and it is protected by adequate Technical and Organizational Measures (in accordance with respective articles of the EU GDPR at https://gdpr-info.eu ).
YOU ARE IN CONTROL! Ways to control display and use of your information:
- The FAIR CARBON website requires very little personal information and most of the information that you add is purely on voluntary basis. However, if you choose not to add optional information, you may not be able to use certain features of our website or the FAIR CARBON service.
- By visiting your User Profile (Account) on faircarbon.org you can anytime correct, amend, add or delete personal information (personal data) at your free will and convenience.
FAIR CARBON may send out e-mails with FAIR CARBON-related news, offers, or surveys – in case you subscribe to receive these in your FAIR CARBON Account. You may also receive notification e-mails from FAIR CARBON, such as a progress status alert. We will do our best to keep communication to only what is truly necessary.
CONDITIONS OF USE:
CONTACTING FAIR CARBON:
© 2021 Fair Carbon. All rights reserved.